Responsible for overall direction, project schedule, completion, financial outcome, technical success and quality of possibly multiple projects simultaneously. Average projects ranging from 50K to 10MM. Can identify safety needs and pre plans work. Maintains change management and progress payments. Assures subcontract compliance and provides positive relationships with owners, community officials and project team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and enforces the design and execution of Project Safety Plan, in coordination with Superintendent and area Safety Rep.
- Understands and embraces the philosophy of “Build it Right the First Time”.
- Provides leadership to further the environment of “Production Management” (vs. Project Management) within their team that focuses on planning and being proactive vs. reactive.
- Ensures PE(s) are supporting the field as needed during construction
- Responsible to manage work load on CPM schedule and work with project team for organized execution and delivery of work load as outlined with an accurate look ahead schedule.
- Verifies and participates in the Work Plan process for all activities greater than 40 man-hours.
- Ensures PEs submit accurate quantities on a weekly basis. Trains PEs as needed so they understand how to claim quantities properly. Ensures time cards are being submitted on a daily basis.
- Ensures submittals are completed in timely manner in accordance with project schedule.
- Provides leadership, guidance, direction and positive attitude to team members; mentor and coach others.
- Ensures change orders are drafted and executed for work prior to the work being done.
- Responsible (with signature authority) for letters to subcontractors. Prepares Owner-related letters for Project Executive to review.
- Responsible for accuracy of the data for the cost report and forecasting for their projects. Leads the reviews of production trends with team on a weekly basis. Implements corrective measures when applicable. Relentlessly drives for continuous improvement.
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management with relevant work experience
- 5 years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline