This position requires demonstrable previous experience as an Underground Utility Estimator. This position requires you to be experienced in estimating storm drain, sewer and waterlines for Hard Bid, Design-Build, and Public and Private Projects.
- Produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings, producing detailed, final contract estimates
- Assess site exposures/construction risks and appropriately analyze cost
- Identify and communicate constructability issues, and value-engineering alternatives
- Complete accurate take-offs from design plans and bid specifications to determine quantities and pricing for each project assigned
- Will research material pricing and obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors
- Maintain bid folders
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships
- Prepare estimates for presentation to clients
- Prepare Awarded Projects for Job Handoff to Management Team
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of technical training and experience preferred.
- 5 years construction estimating, engineering, or similar experience preferred.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing preferred.
- Read blueprints, shop drawings, and specifications
- Effective communication, both verbally and written with clientele, team and management
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Current or past experience in San Francisco market a plus
- 5+ years Bluebeam, SHARPESOFT and AGTEK