*Only Applicants with Construction experience will be considered
Established in 1991, A&B Construction provides construction services for high profile projects in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our services include demolition, mass excavation, structural excavation, utilities, grading and paving. We also help our clients with pre-construction services including investigative potholing, archaeological excavation, site clearing and storm water pollution prevention.
The Financial Controller reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for supervising a staff of five, leading day-to-day operations, and managing financial reporting and accounting.
The successful candidate will have strong time management skills, a solid understanding of job cost accounting, WIP accounting and indirect cost allocations.
Tasks will include month/quarter/year-end closing, GL reconciliations and review, Payroll processing and reporting, AP and AR processing statement reconciliation, follow up, Cash Management (Daily Cash Flow) and reconciliations, financial statements and financial analyses, internal audits, maintaining general ledgers, and issuing AR job billings.
Responsibilities may change as deemed required with a clear understanding between the Controller and CFO. Viewpoint (VP) ERP experience is a plus. Processes are a challenge; therefore, the candidate needs to have an outgoing personality, capable of driving process improvement, growing and challenging the staff, and working with other related entities (“shared service” concept).
Controller will contribute in Executive planning and the ability to understand and recommend tax management and strategy is essential.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting and Revenue
- Recognition, WIP reporting, Change Orders and Cash Flow.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal
- SF Tax and Use Tax reporting and income tax planning
- Audit preparation
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting – CPA or CMA preferred but not a prerequisite
- Thorough knowledge of construction accounting principles and procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Viewpoint (VP) ERP experience a plus
This position is full-time and includes a medical and 401(k) option. Our current office is located in Oakland, until renovations on our corporate office in Berkeley are completed. This position is designated as requiring a background check and pre-employment drug test due to the nature of the job responsibilities. The Company will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Compensation, including bonus, based on experience and profitability of the company.